In order to be considered for the program, all submissions must be received by 12:00am CDT June 1, 2018
During this year’s conference, we will consider the following themes:
- Democracy of collecting and collections
- Documenting activism
- Museums in dialogue with the social and political contemporary scene
- Material and immaterial factors
- Changing significance of heritage in changing societies
- Linking past and present in collections and collecting
- Re-interpretation of collections and the issues that come with it
Through the agenda of the conference, we will collectively contemplate:
- How museums challenge traditional thinking of collecting and collections in order to tell difficult and contested stories.
- How museums use conflicting emotions around shared heritage.
- How museums encourage dialogue with different communities using their collections.
- How collections and collecting methods actively promote Human Rights and/or address Human Rights issues.